This screen print features lines from Victoria Wood's best known comedy number 'The Ballad of Barry and Freda'. The unforgettable lyric "Not bleakly, not meekly, beat me on the bottom with a Woman's Weekly" is printed in dark grey ink on a chintzy, rose patterned background.
I based the repeat pattern design on our neighbour's impressive roses. Each print was then hand screen printed in my home studio. As this is a handmade product expect small variations which make each one unique & extra lovely.
- My own design created with pen and mouse.
- Hand screen printed in two colours (typography in dark grey and background pattern in pink, yellow, mint or pale grey-blue)
- Paper Dimensions A4 (Approx) 21cm wide by 29.5cmhigh
- Print dimensions 20cm by 28.5cm
- Printed on quality heavy-weight 220gsm Seawhite paper.
- Fits a standard A4 frame, shown framed in Ikea Ribba frame.
- Free First Class postage in the UK
- Sent in a cello sleeve, flat, in a reinforced envelope.
- 10% of the price of each print sold will be donated to Cancer Research.
- If you buy with another, larger print I will send both prints rolled in a sturdy cardboard tube.
I remember seeing Victoria Wood perform The Ballad of Barry and Freda on the telly when I was a kiddo, it's the first bit of comedy I remember and it made me laugh, especially the line about the Women's Weekly. It still makes me laugh now, nearly 30 years later.
Shipping & delivery
This item will be posted to you by Sianuska Original Art & Screen Prints within 3 days of receiving payment.
|Shipping destination||Cost||Additional items|
|USA and Canada||£5.50||£2.00|
|Rest of the World||£5.70||£2.00|
You have 14 days, from receipt, to notify the seller if you wish to cancel your order or exchange an item.
Unless faulty, the following types of items are non-refundable: items that are personalised, bespoke or made-to-order to your specific requirements; items which deteriorate quickly (e.g. food), personal items sold with a hygiene seal (cosmetics, underwear) in instances where the seal is broken.