Woodworkers apron made from medium-weight brown/blue denim, with pockets for specialist tools and equipment. The fabric is a wonderful chestnut brown colour (with slight 'waxed-cotton-look' sheen and indigo tinge) on the outside and a reverse blue denim on the back. The ties are a dark blue cotton-mix webbing.
- Denim, brown with blue reverse side
- Large pocket flap keeps woodshavings from dropping into the pockets underneath.
- Magnetic fasteners allow the flap to be flipped up and held in place to access row of three cargo pockets, a large patch pocket divided into two sections, with a set of four 'drill bit pockets' across the top edge and a single 'pencil' pocket positioned to the side.
- Chest pockets, one tall pocket and a set of four pencil/small tool pockets.
- Apron has a narrow shape, so that you can easily reach behind it to access trouser pockets.
- Adjustable neck tie, fastened through a silver metal O-ring.
- 15cm tape tab to one side of the lower pockets to hang a cleaning cloth, keys, tools etc.
SIZE: 77cm bib to hem, 55.5cm wide, bib width top edge 26.5cm (Model is size XL - 6'4" tall)
CARE: wash 30 degrees low spin. Hot iron. Do not tumble dry. I laundered the fabric before sewing, but would still be wise to wash with similar colours.
POSTAGE: This item will be posted Royal Mail First Class 'Signed for', within 1-3 working days. The apron is carefully wrapped in tissue paper and mailed in a purple biodegradable bag.
This woodworkers apron is based on a bespoke woodwork apron I made for a client. It was a long design process, over several months, requiring 3 toiles (calico versions) and collecting lots of advice and ideas from woodcrafting friends - everyone has their own different tools and ways of working. This apron is designed to work for the majority of woodcrafter's needs, whether they are a furniture maker, carver, joiner, sculptor, model maker....
Each apron is crafted with meticulous attention to detail and finish. I pre-wash all my fabrics and line dry outside, to reduce the chance of shrinkage and improve colourfastness in the finished apron. The fabric is given a good press before laying out and pinning the pattern pieces, ready to cut out. Turnings are measured, pressed and stitched, thick turnings are soundly bashed thinner and smoother with a hammer, and all the thread ends are hand sewn into the garment.
Shipping & delivery
This item will be posted to you by A Dog Like Sparky - Aprons for Makers within 3 days of receiving payment.
|Shipping destination||Cost||Additional items|
You have 14 days, from receipt, to notify the seller if you wish to cancel your order or exchange an item.
Unless faulty, the following types of items are non-refundable: items that are personalised, bespoke or made-to-order to your specific requirements; items which deteriorate quickly (e.g. food), personal items sold with a hygiene seal (cosmetics, underwear) in instances where the seal is broken.