Lovely limited edition screen print of an vintage Singer sewing machine. Each print is individually embellished with real 24ct gold leaf and then hand stitched with a length of shiny gold thread.
An antique hand-cranked Singer sewing machine featuring the company's classic typography, insignia and ornate gilt floral design. Real 24ct gold leaf has been applied to each print to create a reel of golden thread. The print has been individually hand finished using gold thread. I spent many happy hours drawing my sewing machine before screen printing the finished design by hand in my home studio. This is a handmade product, made with elbow grease and love, expect small variations.
- Hand printed in my studio-cum-garage.
- Each print in the edition is signed, dated and numbered.
- Edition of 8.
- Paper measures 42cm wide by 29.75cm high
- Print measures 34cm wide by 24.5cm high.
- One-colour screen print (black), 24ct gold leaf has been applied to the surface of the paper using high quality adhesive.
- Hand finished with gold thread, thread holes are reinforced on the reverse using archive framers' tape.
- Printed on thick, high quality Seawhite 220gsm cartridge paper.
- Fits Ikea 'Ribba' frame as shown in listing photo or have it custom framed.
- FREE First Class postage in the UK
- Sent in a cello sleeve, rolled, in a sturdy cardboard mailing tube.
MY BLOG http://sianuska.blogspot.com
My lovely Welsh Grandma Lil (that's her playing with dungeree-clad toddler me in the last photo) was an amazing seamstress. Like many working class girls of her time she left school at fourteen and went to 'learn her trade'. When she started her apprenticeship her father bought her a hand-cranked Singer sewing machine. She continued to use the same machine her whole life, creating wonderful garments for herself and the whole family and beautiful toys for her children and grandchildren. I loved to watch her work, her hands would be a blur as they turned the well worn handle of the machine and guided the fabric over the faded gold of those gilt flowers. She used to keep up the conversation as she sewed, even with a mouthful of pins! This print is my tribute to her.
Shipping & delivery
This item will be posted to you by Sianuska Original Art & Screen Prints within 7 days of receiving payment.
|Shipping destination||Cost||Additional items|
Italy, Greece, Cyprus, Germany, France, Spain, Finland, Belgium, Portugal, Poland, Ireland, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Austria, Latvia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia
|USA and Canada||£5.50||£2.00|
|Rest of the World||£5.70||£2.00|
You have 14 days, from receipt, to notify the seller if you wish to cancel your order or exchange an item.
Unless faulty, the following types of items are non-refundable: items that are personalised, bespoke or made-to-order to your specific requirements; items which deteriorate quickly (e.g. food), personal items sold with a hygiene seal (cosmetics, underwear) in instances where the seal is broken.