Lovely limited edition screenprint inspired by the shipping forecast. As featured in Handmade Living magazine.
A blue & white striped mug of hot tea with a wisp of steam above. A list of the shipping forecast areas follows the curves of the steam. Meticulously traced from my own drawings and digital design then screen printed by hand in my home studio whilst listening to the radio. This is a handmade product, small variations make each print unique.
Also available as a tea towel. This print makes a lovely companion to my other Radio 4 inspired print, ‘Ambridge’.
- Hand printed in my studio-cum-garage.
- Each print in the edition is signed, dated and numbered.
- Fifth (marked by a roman numeral) edition of 90.
- Paper Dimensions 29.75cm wide by 42cm high
- Print dimensions 25.4cm wide by 36cm high.
- Three-colour screen print ('cornishware' blue, 'milky tea' beige & a lovely subtle blue-grey I'm calling 'stormy seas')
- Printed on quality Seawhite 220gsm cartridge paper.
- Fits Ikea 'Ribba' frame as shown in listing photo. Can be flat mounted or you could have a mount/matte cut.
- Free First Class postage in the UK
- Sent in a cello sleeve, rolled, in a sturdy cardboard mailing tube.
MY BLOG http://sianuska.blogspot.com
"And now the Shipping Forecast, issued by the Met Office on behalf of the Maritime and Coastguard Agency...". This is my tribute to a quintessentially British listening experience!
I'm a landlubber but often find myself sitting with a nice cup of tea listening to the shipping forecast on Radio 4. There's a certain poetry in the names of those sea areas, everyone has their favourites, mine are German Bight & Dogger. I like to imagine salty old sea dogs huddled around crackly radios eager for news of incoming gales.
Shipping & delivery
This item will be posted to you by Sianuska Original Art & Screen Prints within 3 days of receiving payment.
|Shipping destination||Cost||Additional items|
Italy, Greece, Cyprus, Germany, France, Spain, Finland, Belgium, Portugal, Poland, Ireland, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Austria, Latvia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia
|USA and Canada||£5.50||£2.00|
|Rest of the World||£5.70||£2.00|
You have 14 days, from receipt, to notify the seller if you wish to cancel your order or exchange an item.
Unless faulty, the following types of items are non-refundable: items that are personalised, bespoke or made-to-order to your specific requirements; items which deteriorate quickly (e.g. food), personal items sold with a hygiene seal (cosmetics, underwear) in instances where the seal is broken.