Hang this bright bird house in a tree in your garden or from a pergola or gazebo and it will really brighten up your garden---your local birds will be the envy of the neighbourhood.
In the winter you can fill it up with seed to feed them and then in the spring they might move in and start a family.
The base of this bird house or feeder was thrown on my pottery wheel using strong white stoneware clay. I then added a roof made from a rolled out piece of textured clay and topped it with a strong loop to hang it by.
The hole is small enough to stop bigger birds (blasted magpies) from getting in.
The house measures 19cm wide 17cm high including the handle.
I have finished it in a pretty mid blue reactive glaze.
Dishwasher,microwave and oven safe.( you never know when you might need to).
Fully weatherproof-can be left outside all year round.
Items will be well packed --I don't want any breakages
I am happy to combine shipping and of course I will post to outside the UK--contact me for prices.
Thanks for looking.
Please check out my other listed items listed elsewhere on Folksy
***HOW CERAMICS ARE MADE***
1. CLAY BODY IS FORMED
A potter can form his product in many ways. Two main ways are wheel throwing or hand building.
2. DRYING – 7-10 days. Clay must be left to completely dry before going into the kiln. If there is moisture left in the clay it may explode in the kiln. The clay shrinks as it dries.
3. SANDING – final finishing touches before firing
4. BISQUE FIRING- 36 hours. Ceramic pottery pieces are put in the kiln for the 1st firing. This is when the clay is turned into a stone. The kiln takes between 15-20 hours to reach about 1000 C . It takes about 24 hours to cool.
5. GLAZING – Glaze can be applied in many ways, poured on, sponged on, painted on, dipped, and sprayed.
6. FIRING- 24 hours. The pottery pieces go in the kiln for their last firing. This time the kiln temperature reaches about 1250 C. The glaze turns into a glass like coating and becomes one with the ceramic piece.
Shipping & delivery
This item will be posted to you by Caractacus Pots within 3 days of receiving payment.
|Shipping destination||Cost||Additional items|
You have 14 days, from receipt, to notify the seller if you wish to cancel your order or exchange an item.
Unless faulty, the following types of items are non-refundable: items that are personalised, bespoke or made-to-order to your specific requirements; items which deteriorate quickly (e.g. food), personal items sold with a hygiene seal (cosmetics, underwear) in instances where the seal is broken.