Mens/womens, handmade woodworkers apron, made from medium-weight blue denim 100% cotton, with pockets for specialist tools and equipment.
- 100% blue denim, pale reverse side.
- Magnetic fasteners allow the large pocket flap to be flipped up and held in place for access to a row of three cargo pockets, a large patch pocket divided into two sections, a set of four 'drill bit pockets' across the top edge and a single 'pencil' pocket positioned to the side. The pocket flap keeps woodshavings from dropping into the pockets underneath.
- The chest pockets four pencil pockets and a tall taller tool pocket.
- Narrow shape apron - so that you can easily reach behind it to access trouser pockets.
- Adjustable neck tie 100% cotton, fastened through a silver metal O-ring.
- 15cm tape tab to one side of the lower pockets to hang a cleaning cloth, keys, tools etc.
COLOUR: This work apron is a medium/dark denim - a bit darker than it appears in the main photo.
SIZE: Small-X Large. measurements 77cm bib to hem, 55.5cm wide, bib width top edge 26.5cm (Model is a big chap -size XL - 6'4" tall)
CARE: Wash 30 degrees, slow spin. Do not tumble dry. Hot iron
POSTAGE: This item will be posted Royal Mail First Class 'Signed for' within 1-3 working days. The apron will be carefully wrapped in tissue paper and mailed in a purple biodegradable mailer bag.
This woodworkers apron is based on a bespoke woodwork apron I made for a client. It was a long design process, over several months, requiring 3 toiles (calico versions) and collecting lots of advice and ideas from woodcrafting friends - everyone has their own different tools and ways of working. This apron is designed to work for the majority of woodcrafter's needs, whether they are a furniture maker, carver, joiner, sculptor, model maker....
Each apron is crafted with meticulous attention to detail and finish. I pre-wash all my fabrics, to reduce the chance of shrinkage and improve colourfastness in the finished apron – it’s then line dried outside in the fresh air. The fabric is given a good press before laying out the pattern pieces and cutting out. Turnings are measured, pressed and stitched, thick turnings are soundly bashed thinner and smoother with a hammer, and all the thread ends are hand sewn into the garment.
Shipping & delivery
This item will be posted to you by A Dog Like Sparky - Aprons for Makers within 3 days of receiving payment.
|Shipping destination||Cost||Additional items|
You have 14 days, from receipt, to notify the seller if you wish to cancel your order or exchange an item.
Unless faulty, the following types of items are non-refundable: items that are personalised, bespoke or made-to-order to your specific requirements; items which deteriorate quickly (e.g. food), personal items sold with a hygiene seal (cosmetics, underwear) in instances where the seal is broken.