In this simple, classic artwork two lengths of rope are tied a reef knot to represent the joining of two lives. This print would make a sweet wedding or engagement gift or a thoughtful anniversary present, especially to celebrate the first (paper) anniversary.
I created the imagery by hand using my favourite black fine liner pens, before screen printing the design in my home studio (you can see a time-lapse film of the process here http://preview.tinyurl.com/jfljomb)
- My own illustration made after referring to a vintage copy of 'Learnabout Knots'
- Two colour screen print
- Left unsigned to retain the simplicity of the imagery but I can sign and date if you would like, let me know
- Paper Dimensions A4 (Approx) 21cm wide by 29.5cmhigh
- This print can be displayed landscape or portrait
- Print dimensions 3cm by 22.5cm
- Printed on quality Seawhite 220gsm paper.
- Fits a standard A4 frame, shown framed in Ikea Ribba frame.
- Free First Class postage in the UK
- Sent in a cello sleeve, flat, in a reinforced envelope.
- If you buy with another, larger print I will send both prints rolled in a sturdy cardboard tube.
A friend asked me to create a print as a wedding present. I decided to create an illustration based on the phrase "tied the knot" inspired by the simple illustrations in a vintage Ladybird Learnabout book.
Shipping & delivery
This item will be posted to you by Sianuska Original Art & Screen Prints within 3 days of receiving payment.
|Shipping destination||Cost||Additional items|
Italy, Greece, Cyprus, Germany, France, Spain, Finland, Belgium, Portugal, Poland, Ireland, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Austria, Latvia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia
|USA and Canada||£5.50||£2.00|
|Rest of the World||£5.70||£2.00|
You have 14 days, from receipt, to notify the seller if you wish to cancel your order or exchange an item.
Unless faulty, the following types of items are non-refundable: items that are personalised, bespoke or made-to-order to your specific requirements; items which deteriorate quickly (e.g. food), personal items sold with a hygiene seal (cosmetics, underwear) in instances where the seal is broken.