This is my alternative ending to Judith Kerr's classic children's book 'The Tiger Who Came to Tea'. In the original version Sophie's Daddy comes home and saves the day after scatty Sophie's Mummy lets a tiger eat all the food, drink all the drink and generally trash the place. Here, Sophie's Mummy invents an ace story to explain the lack of supper, filthy kiddo and messy house and then gets her gullible husband to put Sophie to bed while she puts her feet up with a glass of wine
I created the imagery using watercolours and digital techniques, there is a slightly half-tone graininess to the image to mimic the original illustrations.
- My own watercolour and digital illustration
- Professionally printed in full colour
- Numbered, signed and dated. 3rd edition of 30 prints (second edition marked with roman numeral).
- Paper Dimensions A4 (Approx) 21cm wide by 29.5cmhigh
- Print dimensions 16.5cm by 21.5cm (excluding edition number etc on the bottom edge of paper)
- Printed on quality heavy-weight 300gsm paper. The paper is white with a satin finish.
- Fits a standard A4 frame, shown framed in Ikea Ribba frame.
- Free First Class postage in the UK
- Sent in a cello sleeve, flat, in a reinforced envelope.
- If you buy with another, larger print I will send both prints rolled in a sturdy cardboard tube.
We LOVE 'The Tiger Who Came to Tea' in this house, but It's always irked me a bit that Sophie's smug red-socked Daddy comes in at the end of the book and sorts everything out. Most of the mums I know (you'd be surprised what gets discussed over tea and cheap biscuits at playgroups) harbour a sneaking suspicion that Sophie's Mummy isn't as silly as she seems, this print shows what actually happened after they got back from having "a lovely supper, with sausages and chips and ice-cream". Frame it or stick it in your copy of the book!
Shipping & delivery
This item will be posted to you by Sianuska Original Art & Screen Prints within 3 days of receiving payment.
|Shipping destination||Cost||Additional items|
Italy, Greece, Cyprus, Germany, France, Spain, Finland, Belgium, Portugal, Poland, Ireland, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Austria, Latvia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Isle of Man
|USA and Canada||£5.50||£2.00|
|Rest of the World||£5.70||£2.00|
You have 14 days, from receipt, to notify the seller if you wish to cancel your order or exchange an item.
Unless faulty, the following types of items are non-refundable: items that are personalised, bespoke or made-to-order to your specific requirements; items which deteriorate quickly (e.g. food), personal items sold with a hygiene seal (cosmetics, underwear) in instances where the seal is broken.