Offered in affordable, project-friendly packets of 3 complimentary colours, 5 yards of each (15 yards in total), Crawford Waxed Linen Thread is the thread of choice for many bookbinders. It is 4 ply, just under 1 mm
It is especially suited to exposed spine bindings including the Coptic, Longstitch, Secret Belgian, Pamphlet and Japanse Stab Stitches. NOT suitable for very fine, cased-in work.
Whether you're just learning to make books or are a professional bookbinder, this is the thread for you. I use it myself on all my exposed leather bindings and wouldn't be without it.
Choose from the following packets - please leave a note when you order:
- AUTUMN: Rust, Orange & Yellow
- BROWNS: Chocolate, Nut & Tan
- NATURAL: Tan, Natural & White
- GREYSCALE: Black, Grey & White
- BLUES: Navy, Mid & Light Blue
- AQUA: Teal, Turquoise & Light Blue
- GREENS: Emerald, Forest & Olive
- PINKS: Red, Hot Pink & Magenta
- SPRING: Coral, Sherbet Lemon & Pale Green
- CUSTOM: your own 3 colours, please send me a note at checkout or email info(at)boundbyhand.co.uk
PROJECT IDEAS & TIPS on my blog: https://boundbyhand.co.uk/blogs/news/back-in-stock-crawford-waxed-linen-thread-for-bookbinding
PLEASE NOTE: Some images show a whole spool in the background, with 5 yards in the foreground. You will receive 5 yards each of 3 different colours, NOT the whole spool.
I use this thread myself and am happy to offer it in affordable project-friendly lengths for my fellow bookbinders and crafters. I wish I'd found this thread when I was just starting out!
Shipping & delivery
This item will be posted to you by BOUND within 3 days of receiving payment.
|Shipping destination||Cost||Additional items|
Italy, Greece, Cyprus, Germany, France, Spain, Finland, Belgium, Portugal, Poland, Ireland, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Austria, Latvia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia
|USA and Canada||£4.00||£0.00|