This useful crock is designed to keep your butter fresh and soft at room temperature.
The lid has a hollow flange where you should pack the butter in.
This lid is turned upside down while serving butter, but kept in the base when not.
In the bottom pot you should add enough water to form a seal with the butter when the lid is in place.
This design was created before the days of refrigeration to keep butter fresh on the counter for several weeks. Be sure to change your water every few days to ensure the freshness of your butter.
I threw the two pieces on my pottery wheel using strong white earthenware clay and finished it in a lovely light yellow speckle glaze.
The whole dish when closed measures 11.5cm across the lid and 9cm high.
The butter chamber is 8cm across by 6cm deep. and this one should hold about 200gms of butter.
Dishwasher,oven and microwave safe.
Items will be well packed--I'd hate any of them to get broken!
I am happy to combine shipping and of course I will post to outside of the UK-contact me for costs.
Thanks for looking.
Before you go, why not have a look at my other listed items.....
***HOW CERAMICS ARE MADE***
1. CLAY BODY IS FORMED
A potter can form his product in many ways. Two main ways are wheel throwing or hand building.
2. DRYING – 7-10 days. Clay must be left to completely dry before going into the kiln. If there is moisture left in the clay it may explode in the kiln. The clay shrinks as it dries.
3. SANDING – final finishing touches before firing
4. BISQUE FIRING- 36 hours. Ceramic pottery pieces are put in the kiln for the 1st firing. This is when the clay is turned into a stone. The kiln takes between 15-20 hours to reach about 1000 C . It takes about 24 hours to cool.
5. GLAZING – Glaze can be applied in many ways, poured on, sponged on, painted on, dipped, and sprayed.
6. FIRING- 24 hours. The pottery pieces go in the kiln for their last firing. This time the kiln temperature reaches about 1250 C. The glaze turns into a glass like coating and becomes one with the ceramic piece.
Shipping & delivery
This item will be posted to you by Caractacus Pots within 3 days of receiving payment.
|Shipping destination||Cost||Additional items|
Italy, Greece, Cyprus, Germany, France, Spain, Finland, Belgium, Portugal, Poland, Ireland, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Austria, Latvia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia
|USA and Canada||£18.50|
|Rest of the World||£19.50|
You have 7 days, from receipt, to notify the seller if you wish to cancel your order or exchange an item.
Please note: Unless faulty, the following types of items are non-refundable: items that are personalised, bespoke or made-to-order to your specific requirements; personal items sold with a hygiene seal (cosmetics, underwear) in instances where the seal is broken.