Perfect for baking Camembert, Brie, Camembert au Calvados to name just a few! Try studding a Camembert with garlic cloves and rosemary sprigs and adding a splash of wine. Bake at 220 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes. Serve warm with fresh bread.
This would also make a good small casserole or vegetable server.
I threw this dish on my pottery wheel using strong white stoneware clay and finished it in a lovely mossy lichen green reactive glaze.
Because of the flat top, the lid of the dish makes a separate bowl for maybe serving the bread to go with the cheese.
Dimensions--12.5cm high when closed and 15.5cm across.
Oven,dishwasher and microwave safe.
Items will be well packed--I'd hate any to get broken on the way.
Of course I am happy to post to outside the UK--contact me for prices.
Thanks for looking.
Whilst you are here, why not have a look at my other listed items.....
stoneware clay glaze ceramic pottery ceramics
handthrown wheelthrown handmade wheel hand thrown
green moss lichen casserole serving covered vegetables tagine
cheese brie camembert bake baked cook cooked bread dinner
dining table tableware kitchen kitchenware party occasion
HOW CERAMICS ARE MADE
1. CLAY BODY IS FORMED
A potter can form his product in many ways. Two main ways are wheel throwing or hand building.
2. DRYING – 7-10 days. Clay must be left to completely dry before going into the kiln. If there is moisture left in the clay it may explode in the kiln. The clay shrinks as it dries.
3. SANDING – final finishing touches before firing
4. BISQUE FIRING- 36 hours. Ceramic pottery pieces are put in the kiln for the 1st firing. This is when the clay is turned into a stone. The kiln takes between 15-20 hours to reach about 1000 C . It takes about 24 hours to cool.
5. GLAZING – Glaze can be applied in many ways, poured on, sponged on, painted on, dipped, and sprayed.
6. FIRING- 24 hours. The pottery pieces go in the kiln for their last firing. This time the kiln temperature reaches about 1250 C. The glaze turns into a glass like coating and becomes one with the ceramic piece.
Shipping & delivery
This item will be posted to you by Caractacus Pots within 3 days of receiving payment.
|Shipping destination||Cost||Additional items|
Italy, Greece, Cyprus, Germany, France, Spain, Finland, Belgium, Portugal, Poland, Ireland, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Austria, Latvia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia
|USA and Canada||£18.00|
|Rest of the World||£19.10|
You have 7 days, from receipt, to notify the seller if you wish to cancel your order or exchange an item.
Please note: Unless faulty, the following types of items are non-refundable: items that are personalised, bespoke or made-to-order to your specific requirements; personal items sold with a hygiene seal (cosmetics, underwear) in instances where the seal is broken.