This dish was made with a rolled out piece of strong white earthenware clay which I have added a William Morris style texture to.
I then moulded it into a modern pentagon shape.
The dish measures 20cm x 3cm.
I have finished it with a beautiful turquoise aquamarine glaze which nicely picks out the texture.
Dishwasher,oven and microwave safe.
tems will be well packed--I really don't want any breakages.
Of course I will post to outside of the UK--just contact me for prices.
Thanks for looking.
Before you go, why not take a look at my other listed items.....
***HOW CERAMICS ARE MADE***
1. CLAY BODY IS FORMED
A potter can form his product in many ways. Two main ways are wheel throwing or hand building.
2. DRYING – 7-10 days. Clay must be left to completely dry before going into the kiln. If there is moisture left in the clay it may explode in the kiln. The clay shrinks as it dries.
3. SANDING – final finishing touches before firing
4. BISQUE FIRING- 36 hours. Ceramic pottery pieces are put in the kiln for the 1st firing. This is when the clay is turned into a stone. The kiln takes between 15-20 hours to reach about 1000 C . It takes about 24 hours to cool.
5. GLAZING – Glaze can be applied in many ways, poured on, sponged on, painted on, dipped, and sprayed.
6. FIRING- 24 hours. The pottery pieces go in the kiln for their last firing. This time the kiln temperature reaches about 1250 C. The glaze turns into a glass like coating and becomes one with the ceramic piece.
Shipping & delivery
This item will be posted to you by Caractacus Pots within 3 days of receiving payment.
|Shipping destination||Cost||Additional items|
Italy, Greece, Cyprus, Germany, France, Spain, Finland, Belgium, Portugal, Poland, Ireland, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Austria, Latvia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia
|USA and Canada||£12.90|
|Rest of the World||£13.90|
You have 7 days, from receipt, to notify the seller if you wish to cancel your order or exchange an item.
Please note: Unless faulty, the following types of items are non-refundable: items that are personalised, bespoke or made-to-order to your specific requirements; personal items sold with a hygiene seal (cosmetics, underwear) in instances where the seal is broken.