This yarn bowl would make a perfect gift for the knitting or crochet enthusiast in your life.
With little hearts cut out for the wool to pass through, it will stop the yarn skidding around under the furniture and picking up all that fluff you've been meaning to vacuum out from under the sofa.
I've made several holes so that more than one ball of yarn can be worked at a time.
Also useful for keeping the cat away from the wool!
It could also be used as a plant holder --or just a decorative bowl
The bowl was thrown by me on my pottery wheel using strong white earthenware clay and then carved it out whilst still damp.
The bowl measures 17.5 cm wide and 10cm high.
I have finished it in a pretty pale green speckle glaze.
Dishwasher, oven and microwave safe (you never know when you might need to).
Items will be well packed--I definitely don't want any breakages!
I am happy to combine shipping and of course I will post to outside of the UK--contact me for costs.
Thanks for looking.
Before you go, why not have a look at my other listed items on Folksy.
knit, knitting, knitter, crochet,crocheter,crocheting,
HOW CERAMICS ARE MADE
1. CLAY BODY IS FORMED
A potter can form his product in many ways. Two main ways are wheel throwing or hand building.
2. DRYING – 7-10 days. Clay must be left to completely dry before going into the kiln. If there is moisture left in the clay it may explode in the kiln. The clay shrinks as it dries.
3. SANDING – final finishing touches before firing
4. BISQUE FIRING- 36 hours. Ceramic pottery pieces are put in the kiln for the 1st firing. This is when the clay is turned into a stone. The kiln takes between 15-20 hours to reach about 1000 C . It takes about 24 hours to cool.
5. GLAZING – Glaze can be applied in many ways, poured on, sponged on, painted on, dipped, and sprayed.
6. FIRING- 24 hours. The pottery pieces go in the kiln for their last firing. This time the kiln temperature reaches about 1250 C. The glaze turns into a glass like coating and becomes one with the ceramic piece.
Shipping & delivery
This item will be posted to you by Caractacus Pots within 3 days of receiving payment.
|Shipping destination||Cost||Additional items|
|Rest of the World||£20.50|
You have 7 days, from receipt, to notify the seller if you wish to cancel your order or exchange an item.
Please note: Unless faulty, the following types of items are non-refundable: items that are personalised, bespoke or made-to-order to your specific requirements; personal items sold with a hygiene seal (cosmetics, underwear) in instances where the seal is broken.